Friday, May 21, 2010

Be considerate to your parents!


You know folks … as we grow up….we ought to overlook many things in life. Sometimes parents also become sitting duck. This short story touched me so here am sharing with you all! One day an old man of 80 asked his son who was forty ‘What was that bird over there?’ son who was aware of his father’s mental health answered ‘It is a crow’. This went for a long time repeating the same question and answer. Then at one point son lost the cool, went berserk! He started screaming at him loudly ‘Father can’t you understand? It is a crow….a crow!’
The old man smiled and went inside his room. There was a diary in his hand when he came out of the room. The old man had maintained a diary since his son was born. Old man handed the diary to his son and asked him to open and read.
When the son read it, the following words were written in the diary :-
“Today my little son aged three was sitting with me on the sofa, when a crow was sitting on the window. My son asked me 23 times what it was, and I replied to him all 23 times that it was a crow. I hugged him lovingly each time he asked me the same question again and again all 23 times”.
So
If your parents attain old age, do not repulse them or look at them as a burden, but speak to them a gracious word. Be considerate to your parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Top Blogs